Christopher M. Hennessey
Chris Hennessey believes that every client is a priority. Even on weekends and off hours, he fields questions and offers advice on business and individual litigation matters, as well as with intellectual property issues. Helping clients protect their ideas and also pull through extremely difficult times, including when their businesses are at risk, is immensely rewarding to Chris.
Initially spending nearly every day in court as a public defender in New Hampshire, Chris was drawn to the mix of strategic planning and quick thinking that characterizes the adversarial process of litigation. He also has significant trial and appellate-level experience in state and federal courts in Massachusetts and New York, and has successfully represented clients in complex commercial litigation, business torts, employment claims, land use, and environmental disputes.
Chris holds a Masters of Law in intellectual property, and interned at the United States Patent and Trademark Office of the Solicitor and in the litigation department of a film studio in California. This has given him a unique perspective on the many types of intellectual property, from the arts to inventions and business trademarks. He currently practices in Massachusetts, both in the Berkshires and beyond, as well as in Connecticut and New York.
Chris sits on the board of the Brien Center for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, a Berkshire-based nonprofit that provides care for children and families who suffer from behavioral health disorders and addiction. A member of the Performance & Asset Management Advisory Council of the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, Chris advises on highway and road repairs and improvements, and the development of a statewide transportation asset-management system. Chris also enjoys coaching youth sports and playing for charity on the local music scene.
- Tulane University, B.A.
- University of New Hampshire, J.D.
- University of New Hampshire, Franklin Pierce Center for Intellectual Property, LL.M., Intellectual Property
Areas of Practice
Intellectual Property Litigation
Trademarks and Copyrights
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- State of New York
- State of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- Berkshire Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- District Court Standards of Review in 35 U.S.C. § 145 Patentability Determinations, 43 IDEA 677 (2003).